Neshoba County operates a Solid Waste Collection program that provides the citizens in the unincorporated areas of the county once a week solid waste pickup of household waste. All waste must be placed in garbage bags and at or near the residence mail box. Only household solid waste, not rubbish, leaves, limbs, wood nor metal will be picked up. The service will also pick up empty cardboard boxes for disposal. The service is provide for a fee of $ 10 per month $ 120.00 per year. The service is billed in quarterly statements of $ 30.00 to all households or small business that participate in the program. If the residential homeowner is 65 year of age and over orqualifies for Social Security Disability may be exempted from the fee upon application with the Tax Collector Office.
Neshoba County Waste Tire Program
The Neshoba County Board of Supervisors operates a waste tire collection and disposal site for small quantity generated waste tires. This program is open to all citizens of Neshoba County.
The purpose of this program is to provide for an adequate waste tire collection site within Neshoba County, Mississippi for the deposit of waste tires from small quantity generators. Small quantity waste tire generators will include the following:
Private Citizens and homeowners not engaged in the retail tire business and who generate less than 25 tires per year.
- Small businesses such as mechanic shops, farms and other producing less than 10 tires per week.
- Local governmental agencies such as the county, city, school districts and other public organizations.
- Private and public cleanup of waste tire dumps of 100 or less.
The Neshoba County service area is best served by utilizing a fixed collection site where tires will be placed into a fixed bin. The fixed collection site is located at the Neshoba County Unit Facility Building, 11901 Highway 15 North in Philadelphia, Mississippi. The collection site is advertised in the local newspaper and on the local radio stations. In addition, local community and civic groups have been contacted to inform them of the location of this facility and how and when it will be available for use. The hours of operation are Monday thru Friday from 7:00 A.M. till 4:00 P.M. and from 7:00 A.M. till 12:00 Noon on Saturdays. The facility will be closed on all holidays.
Neshoba County White Goods Collection Site
The Neshoba County Board of Supervisors operates a collection site for used washers, dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, and freezers and other appliances and items of metal construction that need to be disposed of properly. The collection site is located at the Neshoba County Unit Building at 11901 Highway 15 North. The hours of operation are Monday thru Friday from 7:00 A. M. until 4:00 P. M and from 7:00 A .M. till 12:00 Noon on Saturdays. The facility will be closed on all holidays.
RUBBISH DISPOSAL SITE
The Neshoba County Board of Supervisors and The City of Philadelphia operate a Class I Rubbish Site. The site is located at 10410 Road 533.
The Rubbish Disposal Site is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00 AM til 4:00 PM. The site is closed on all holidays . If you would like more information concerning the Rubbish Disposal Site you may contact the site at 601-656-4211.
- Construction and demolition debris, such as wood, metal, etc.
- Brick, mortar, concrete, stone, and asphalt
- Cardboard boxes
- Natural vegetation, such as tree limbs, stumps and leaves
- Appliances which have had the motor removed, except for refrigerators
- Plastic, glass, crockery, and metal, except containers
- Sawdust, wood shavings, and wood chips
- Any waste listed above contaminated by a possible pollutant, such as a food or chemical
- Household garbage
- Food of drink waste
- Industrial waste, unless specifically approved by MQEQ
- Contaminated Soils
- Paint or paint buckets
- Oil containers and chemical containers
- Any metal, glass, plastic, or paper container, unless specifically approved by MDEQ
- Fabric, unless specifically approved by MDEQ
- Paper waste, unless specifically approved by MDEQ
- Engines or motors
- Whole tires
- Cut or shredded tires, unless specifically approved by MDEQ
- Toxic or hazardous waste
- Asbestos and asbestos containing material
- Medical Waste
- Other waste which may have an adverse effect on the environment
The Office of Pollution Control of The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) may approve the disposal of certain industrial waste, containers, fabric, paper waste, or cut or shredded tires, on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the characteristics of the waste and the operational plan for the site
If you have any questions please call:
Billing and payments inquiries call the Neshoba County Tax Office
Pick up or Route Information call the Neshoba County Unit Building
Rubbish Disposal Site information inquiries may call the site at 601-656-4211.
The Neshoba County Solid Waste Department looks forward to working with your group or organization on any special cleanup event.